With unspoiled beaches, colourful reefs, pristine rainforest, historic forts and quaint hotels, Tobago offers countless possibilities for romantic weddings and delightful honeymoons.
From the historical Ole Time Tobago wedding procession to traditional nuptials or an underwater exchange of vows, the island offers the perfect ambience for your dream wedding.
Many of Tobago’s hotels specialise in wedding packages and the island’s event planners can help with arrangements or plan your wedding from beginning to end.
The amended Marriage Act of 1996 makes it possible for non-resident couples to get married in as little as three days with a Special Marriage Licence. To acquire a special license you must meet the following requirements.
- Both parties must be non-residents of Trinidad and Tobago.
- They must reside in this country three days before getting married.
- If divorced, the original or notarized copy of decree absolute must be presented.
- If widowed, please bring the original death certificate.
- Proof of name change where name differs of documents.
- Persons under the age of 18 must have documented consent from a parent or legal guardian.
- Documents in languages other than English must be accompanied by certified English translations.
The licence costs US$55 (TT$337.50) and the fee must be paid in cash at the Inland Revenue Department, Scarborough.
Find out more at The Tobago House of Assembly’s Department of Tourism (http://www.visittobago.gov.tt)